DOG BAG (12/4)
A few, current storylines in the Association…
CLE Streak, D. Rose is Back? - The Cavs’ winning streak is at 11 heading into tonight’s showdown* w/ the Bulls. Everyone hit the panic button after their disjointed, 5-7 start. Now, Coach Tyrone Lue’s group is benefitting from contributions all over - from Dwyane Wade to Jeff Green to Channing Frye - veteran role players are settling into a rhythm.
- LeBron James is (possibly) having the best statistical season of his career: avg. 28.3 ppg (58%! FG, 41%! from deep), 8.7 apg, 7.9 rpg -- continues to star night in, night out -- controlling games better than ever, strong MVP candidate
How will things work moving forward, as players get healthier?
- Derrick Rose is set to return following a 2.5 week absence. After reportedly contemplating his basketball future, Rose is back in the swing go things, could return to action this week. Likely a reserve moving forward, can he contribute in an uncertain role?
*showdown, as in demolition
'17-'18 Rookie Class Continuing to Show Out.
This current rookie crop is (easily) one of the best in years. (Just a) few names putting on:
- Ben Simmons (PHI • 18.5 ppg!, 9.6 rpg, 7.9! apg, 53% FG)
- Kyle Kuzma (LAL • 16.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 50% FG, 38% from deep)
- Jayson Tatum (BOS • 13.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 50% FG, 49%! from deep)
- Donovan Mitchell (UTA • 16.4 ppg, 3.3 apg, 3.1 rpg, 37% from deep)
- Lauri Markkanen (CHI • 14.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 41% FG)
+ many more!
D. Mitchell exploded for 41! (highest point total by any rook since Blake Griffin in 2011) v. NOP this past weekend - it seems like every night, there's an impressive outing by a first-year.
Check out DOG's rook page below - we'll keep track of some of the better performances, awards + storylines for '17-'18: