On January 9th, 1993, Michael Jordan was coming off two NBA championships and was in full Airness mode, averaging 32 points, 7 rebounds 6 assists, 2 steals, and a block per game.
He was destined for his third championship in as many years, but in this very season he reached the plateau of becoming the second youngest player to score 20,000 points, a milestone that has since been broken by only Kobe Bryant in '07, followed by LeBron in '13.
- Matchup: Chicago Bulls (23-9) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (14-17)
- Final Score: CHI wins 120-95
- MJ's Stat-line for the night
- 35 points on 57% shooting, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals
- Bulls were in the middle of a 4 games in 5 nights stretch, which have since been discarded by the NBA in favor of player rest and health.
- Current Bulls color commentator, Stacey King, played nine minutes in garbage time amassing 3 bricked shots and 2 personal fouls.
- Jordan was exasperated, dealing with a bout of the flu the day before: